TransSee is a web application that provides
real-time bus tracking and next vehicle predictions to a
growing list of transit agencies, including most of North
America's largest systems, New York MTA, LA Metro,
Chicago CTA and TransSee's home system the Toronto TTC.
TransSee is a web application that runs on any browser, so
it supports all smartphones, past, present (including
BlackBerry and Windows Phone) and future,
as well as any other device with a web browser from Macs and
PCs to smart TVs. It even works on SwatchWatch browsers.
It's unique set of features include:
- Lean efficient HTML that is quick to load and requires little bandwidth.
- Respects user privacy by not loading data from third party websites, except Google Ads (disabled for premium users), and only logging summary statistics.
- Choose stops from a map or by an ordered stop list.
- See predictions for any set of stops you choose.
- Dynamic route list based on currently operating routes.
- Can generate its own predictions based on the actual historic travel times, rather then just based on the adjusted scheduled time.
- Can generate a prediction range, so you know when you should be there to not miss the bus as well as the latest time you will likely arrive at your destination.
- Many settings to customize what information is displayed.
- Vehicle tracking by route or fleet number, including out of service vehicles.
- Logs vehicle positions, including schedule adherence, so individual trips can be viewed (requires premium).
Features that can be activated in the settings
- Gap times and scheduled headways between vehicles
- Statistics on gaps and headways
- Alternative schedule based predictions
- Vehicle run number
- Current, past and future schedules for a vehicle
- Geo URI with Latitude and Longitude for stops and vehicles
- Show the scheduled first stop of the trip
Paid Options ($CAN)
- Become a Premium User to remove ads, search for up to 500 vehicles at a time and view the history of all tracked routes and vehicles.
- Incorporate your (unblockable) ads for $10 per day sitewide or target ads down to a single stop.
- Add a transit agency with a supported API (such as GTFS-RT) for $20 (includes 6-month premium user)
- Add a transit agency with an API that TransSee doesn't currently support for $100 (includes 2-year premium user). A source of data with real-time vehicle locations is required.
- TransSee is prepared to provide prediction services to transit agencies.
- Provide predictions and data for your app using a NextBus API compatible system.
Feel free to email me about these options.